Monday 18 June 2007

Introducing Flabbybox

This was the basic idea -

IMAGE0027

The FileServer consists of -

  • Linksys NSLU2 from ebuyer hacked to run Openslug
  • Western Digital 40GB Scorpio 2.5" drive from ebuyer
  • Dynamode USB2.0 Caddy For 2.5" Hard Drives from ebuyer

The Flabbybox itself consists of -

System has been working fine for some time, but I now need to update it -
  • Need to update my wireless network security to WPA, but this is not supported in the version of OpenSlug I'm using
  • I want to move to Debian, on the fileserver at least, in order to have a 'proper' operating system for when I connect it to the internet.
  • I want to try simpler platforms for the client, such as wireless routers running Openwrt and save the NSLU2 for harder jobs.

Aim of this blog is to document the work, so I don't forget how I did it again!

CIMG1807

No comments: